Job Opening No. 0512
Title: School Support Coordinator
The School Support Coordinator is the primary contact for the Virtual Virginia (“VVA”) program and school-level stakeholders. The Coordinator will provide strategic vision and leadership to the VVA program, set measurable goals, act as liaison to public school-level personnel, manage VVA engagement priorities, and mentor staff. This individual directly with a wide constituency of public school affiliations to ensure the high-quality implementation, delivery, and support of various program areas such as technology, registration, program solutions, and training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The School Support Coordinator directly supports the Virginia Public school divisions using Virtual Virginia by performing the following duties:
- Facilitates long-term relationships with public school divisions and the VVA program
- Aligns technical support resources and processes to desired VVA program outcomes
- Using a technical support data-driven approach to drive VVA brand awareness, increase stakeholder engagement, and leverage targeted campaigns to support VVA users
- Works directly with school-level stakeholders, VVA administration, faculty, and staff to support the instructional and technical elements of the VVA program
- Coordinates VVA Technical Support personnel in response to school and stakeholder needs
- Designs, develops, and implements training to support the technical programs for the VVA faculty and staff on working directly with local school affiliations
- Plans, prepares, and delivers onsite and/or online training to school division-level stakeholders
- Assists with the preparation of materials and implementation of VVA employee professional development
- Develops professional relationships and maintains contact with Virginia public school administrators, counselors, teachers, and mentors
- Completes and distributes reports as needed
- Processes program directives and supports change management
- Maintains employee records and equipment; assists in the annual summary of individual employee performance
- Assists the VVA Administrative Team with day-to-day program management
- Supports VVA implementation of the National Standards for Quality Online Learning
- Reports to the VVA Executive Director
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
M.Ed., Doctorate, or other advanced degree. Must be licensed by the Virginia Department of Education with an endorsement in Administration and Supervision K12.
Minimum 5 yrs of experience in educational settings with at least 3 yrs of experience in online instruction is required. Experience administering LMS and SIS systems and coordinating with Virginia public school division central office administration. Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to positively interact with individuals on all levels to achieve common goals (administrators, faculty, staff, vendors, students) required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid Virginia driver’s license
- Current license by the Virginia Department of Education with an endorsement in Administration and Supervision K-12
WORK LOCATION: Virtual
SALARY INFORMATION: Commensurate with Experience
REVIEW DATE: 06/06/20
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.