Job Opening No. 0513
Title: Infrastructure Coordinator
The Infrastructure Coordinator aims at creating a virtual bridge between Virtual Virginia (VVA) and school divisions across the Commonwealth of Virginia to provide seamless access for all Virginia users in the Virtual Virginia network. When fully established, the Virtual Virginia network will impact education, professional learning, and digital resources. The infrastructure Coordinator provides technical leadership and support for the technology, products, and applications used in Virtual Virginia’s platforms and programs. The Infrastructure Coordinator also assists with the daily workflow of the VVA HelpDesk, ensures a high-level end-user experience, supports the administration of the learning management and student information systems, maintains courses and user accounts in course management software, and performs regularly scheduled testing and review of products/applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Infrastructure Coordinator assists in the management of various program areas such as technology, LMS integrations, program solutions, and training by performing the following duties:
- Ensures infrastructure related issues are handled professionally, in a timely manner, and with outstanding levels of customer service.
- Assists with technical aspects for Virtual Virginia including the LMS services and support.
- Support School Division level LMS administrators with day-to-day support of the Virtual Virginia network.
- Coordinates and implementations and enhancement projects to support VVA initiatives.
- Demonstrates excellent listening and communication skills, responds to stakeholder questions and inquiries via telephone, email, web request, and other communication methods within 24 hours of reporting.
- Shares VVA end user feedback or suggestions with the appropriate internal personnel/team(s).
- Determines source of problem and resolves problem or coordinates the resolution with available support staff.
- Supervises VVA storage and back up environments.
- Provides LMS related support to all participating schools including virtual and face-to-face assistance, as well as to program faculty and staff to ensure response to end-user issues within 24 hours of reporting.
- Serves as administrator for the Learning Management System and Student Information System software offering assistance to Virtual Virginia faculty and stakeholders through onsite and/or online training.
- Assists with the successful planning, development, and delivery of internal professional development and external professional learning activities.
- Supports VVA implementation of the National Standards for Quality Online Learning.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrating respect for others.
- Assists in preparing materials and in presenting materials to VVA employees.
- Processes needs of VVA faculty, staff, and program leadership, and responds to notifications and requests from program stakeholders.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the VVA Executive Director.
- Completes training as required by the Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of two years of experience in the Information and/or Educational Technology field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. Experience with educational institutions and distance learning course management software is desirable. Customer service and technical troubleshooting supporting users is required.
Minimum 5 yrs of experience in educational settings with at least 3 yrs of experience in administering LMS and/or SIS systems.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES AND RELATED SKILLS
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- Reviews, classifies, prioritizes, and analyzes problematic situations.
- Exercises good judgment and discretion in determining solutions for faculty, student and stakeholder issues.
- Creates training documentation (e.g. learning guides, instructional videos) and conducts training to assist users.
- Develops, delivers, and supports project tasks in a self-sustained environment.
- Hardware: PC, Mac, computer peripherals, and networking equipment; OS: Windows, MacOS
- Software: Canvas, Zoom, Kayako, Genius, SnagIt, Camtasia, Articulate 360, H5P, HTML, SQL
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Required: Valid Virginia driver’s license
WORK LOCATION: Virtual
SALARY INFORMATION: Commensurate with Experience
REVIEW DATE: 06/06/20
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.