Job Opening No. 0514
Title: Technology Support Supervisor
The Technology Support Supervisor provides technical leadership and support for the technology, products, and applications used in Virtual Virginia’s (“VVA”) programs. The Technology Support Supervisor monitors and assists with the daily workflow of the VVA HelpDesk, ensures a high-level end-user experience, supports the administration of the learning management and student information systems, maintains courses and user accounts in course management software, and performs regularly scheduled testing and review of products/applications. The Technology Support Supervisor maintains and monitors the application/system security; performs duties associated with maintenance of the database application.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Technology Support Supervisor assists in the management of various program areas such as technology, registration, program solutions, and training by performing the following duties:
- Manages technical support aspects for Virtual Virginia including the HelpDesk services, program support, FAQs, and tracking software during HelpDesk hours.
- Demonstrates excellent listening and communication skills, responds to user questions and inquiries via telephone, email, web request, and other communication methods in order to provide diagnostic customer support and VVA end user-related problems within 24 hours of reporting.
- Helps manage the work order queue to facilitate the timely resolution of issues, updates end user with status and information about work order, records events, problems, and their resolutions in work order logs in order to suggest possible improvements on procedures.
- Shares VVA end user feedback or suggestions with the appropriate internal personnel/team(s).
- Determines source of problem and resolves problem or coordinates the resolution with available support staff.
- Supervises VVA technical support specialist(s) by coordinating, assigning, and monitoring task distribution, providing mentoring and training, and evaluating progress to ensure response to end-user issues.
- Provides technical support to all participating schools including virtual and face-to-face assistance, as well as to program faculty and staff to ensure response to end-user issues within 24 hours of reporting.
- Establishes and maintains the Student Information System including the registration process, user accounts (students, mentors, teachers, administrators), and maintaining current student records.
- Serves as administrator for the Learning Management System and Student Information System software offering assistance to Virtual Virginia faculty and stakeholders through onsite and/or online training.
- Assists with the successful planning, development, and delivery of internal professional development and external professional learning activities.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrating respect for others.
- Assists in preparing materials and in presenting materials to VVA employees.
- Manages the creation and setup of the blended learning course shells for all Virginia school districts participating in the VVA Outreach Program.
- Processes needs of VVA faculty, staff, and program leadership, and responds to notifications and requests from program stakeholders.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the School Support Coordinator.
- Completes training as required by the School Support Coordinator and Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of two years of experience in the Information and/or Educational Technology field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. Experience with educational institutions and distance learning course management software is desirable. Customer service and technical troubleshooting supporting users is required.
Minimum 5 yrs of experience in educational settings with at least 3 yrs of experience in administering LMS and SIS systems.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES AND RELATED SKILLS
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- Reviews, classifies, prioritizes, and analyzes problematic situations.
- Exercises good judgment and discretion in determining solutions for faculty, student and stakeholder issues.
- Creates training documentation (e.g. learning guides, instructional videos) and conducts training to assist users.
- Develops, delivers, and supports project tasks in a self-sustained environment.
- Hardware: PC, Mac, computer peripherals, and networking equipment; OS: Windows, MacOS
- Software: Canvas, Studio, Microsoft Products, Web Browser Platforms, Zoom, Kayako, Genius, Maestro, SnagIt, Camtasia, Articulate 360, H5P, HTML, SQL
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Required: Valid Virginia driver’s license
WORK LOCATION: Virtual
SALARY INFORMATION: Commensurate with Experience
REVIEW DATE: 06/06/20
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.