Job Opening No. 0517
Title: Administrative Support Specialist
Note: There are currently 1 full-time position and 1 part-time position with this title.
The Administrative Support Specialist is the primary contact for all general inquiries regarding the Virtual Virginia (“VVA”) program. Assists in the support of various program areas such as program leader support, school support, program inquiries, marketing, and stakeholder support by performing the duties below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Administrative Support Specialist supports various program areas such as technology, registration, program solutions, and training by performing the following duties:
- Responds to general program inquiries and communication received by phone and email with tact and professionalism.
- Routes inquiries to the appropriate VVA support departments.
- Assists with the successful planning and delivery of internal professional development and external professional learning activities.
- Assists with graphic design and development of materials for promotions, marketing, and social media campaigns.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrating respect for others.
- Assists the Virtual Virginia Directors in preparing materials and in presenting materials to VVA employees.
- Responds to notifications and requests from program stakeholders.
- Reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Completes training as required by the Executive Director.
- Maintains regular contact with VVA employees and support staff.
- Supports VVA implementation of the National Standards for Quality Online Learning.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of two years of experience in the Information and/or Educational Technology field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with educational institutions and distance learning course management software is desirable. Customer service and technical troubleshooting supporting users is required.
Minimum 2 yrs of experience in educational settings with experience in LMS and SIS systems preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Required: Valid Virginia driver’s license
WORK LOCATION: Virtual
SALARY INFORMATION: Commensurate with Experience
REVIEW DATE: 06/06/20
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.