Title: Secondary Content Reviewer/Subject Matter Expert (Part Time)
The Virtual Virginia (“VVA”) Subject Matter Expert (“SME”) will work with the Curriculum Development team to evaluate courses as they are being written with the Virginia Standards of Learning or the College Board (Advanced Placement).
VVA Curriculum Supervisor
- A passion and commitment for creating high-quality digital content
- Ability to meet project deadlines
- Committed to equity and diversity
- Creative problem-solver with ability to identify and address issues proactively
- Ability to build authentic relationships among colleagues and supervisors
- A positive attitude, high degree of flexibility, curiosity to learn, creativity, dedication, resourcefulness, and energy
- Research standards that align with the course.
- Analyze course content and assessments for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Track standards alignment and determine if standards are not addressed.
- Provide written feedback to the curriculum team on the course alignment.
- Respond positively to constructive criticism.
- Demonstrate a commitment to copyright compliance and accessibility standards in content development practices.
- Understand and apply Quality Matters principles and National Standards for Quality Online Courses to content development practices.
- Strong pedagogical knowledge and content expertise at the 6–12 level
- Demonstrated expertise in oral and written communication
- Curriculum development experience for online courses
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Experience in teaching online with Virtual Virginia or another online provider
- Training in Quality Matters Understanding the K-12 Rubric and/or Reviewer Course
- Completion of the Teaching with Virtual Virginia training course