View the brief video below for guidance on creating Virtual Virginia student accounts in bulk for K–12 instruction.
To create Virtual Virginia student accounts in bulk for K–12 instruction, follow the directions below. This process must be completed by the local school counselor or division coordinator via the Virtual Virginia student information system (SIS).
- Download the CSV (comma-separated value) template file linked below and complete the columns for each student. The column headers must remain exactly as they appear in the template.
- Download the Bulk Import Student Template (CSV)
- Note: If you are using a Mac, save the file in “Windows Comma Separated” (CSV) format, or CSV Unicode (UTF-8)
- Note: The only valid entries for the Grade Level column are (K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, or 12).
- Note: The only valid entries for the Accommodations column are (NONE, SECTION_504, IEP, or OTHER).
- Log in to the Virtual Virginia SIS using either…
- the account of the local school counselor who typically manages VVA enrollments or
- the account of the division coordinator.
- Click the Affiliation tab and then select the affiliation (i.e., the name of your local school) from the list.
- Click Bulk Import Student in the list on the left side of the page.
- Click the Choose File button, find the file you saved in CSV format on your computer, and select it.
- Click the Upload button to begin processing the data.
- Once the upload is complete, you will see a list of the successful uploads, as well as any errors that occurred and why.
- Uploading a file with a large number of data records may require several minutes before a success/error list is shown.
- Do not leave the page before the success/error list displays! If you leave the page before the success/error list is shown, the upload may not complete and you will need to repeat the process.
Errors in the File?
If there are errors in the file:
- Fix the issues listed in the file.
- Click the Bulk Import Student link to start over.
- Upload the corrected file.
Student Course Enrollment
Once the Bulk Import Student process is complete, students may be enrolled in K–12 courses per the process outlined in the SIS Instructions.
If you have any login or enrollment issues in the Virtual Virginia SIS, please contact the Virtual Virginia HelpDesk at [email protected] or 866-650-0027 (toll-free).