Creative Writing offers a broad survey of fictional and nonfictional forms of writing techniques and skills, and practice in original writings, peer review, and revision. Students will write in a variety of forms, including autobiography, poetry, drama, fiction, creative nonfiction, and digital storytelling. Students produce a portfolio of work, which includes reflections on the writing process, a biography, and revised student work.
Course Texts and Materials
- Sorry, Wrong Number by Lucille Fletcher (a link to the complete text is provided within the course, but access to a print copy is recommended)
Starting 2021–2022: Offered in two half-credit semesters.
- 01104 Creative Writing Sem 1 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 1 (fall, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 1 (early fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 1 (early spring, 9 weeks)
- 01104 Creative Writing Sem 2 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 2 (spring, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 2 (late fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 2 (late spring, 9 weeks)