Algebra I covers the first level of solving and graphing algebraic equations/inequalities in one or two variables, function behavior and notation, quadratic functions, exponent rules, operations with polynomials, and basic data analysis.
This course aligns with the Virginia Standards of Learning for Algebra I.
- Pre-Algebra/Eighth-Grade Mathematics (required)
Course Texts and Materials
- None; all resources are provided within the course.
- Graphing Calculator (TI-82, TI-83, TI-83 Plus, TI-84 Plus, or TI-Nspire). Students will have access to a free online graphing calculator within the course, but a physical graphing calculator is allowed.
Starting 2021–2022: Offered in two half-credit semesters.
- 02052 Algebra I Sem 1 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 1 (fall, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 1 (early fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 1 (early spring, 9 weeks)
- 02052 Algebra I Sem 2 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 2 (spring, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 2 (late fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 2 (late spring, 9 weeks)
Note: For Summer Session 2021, this course is offered as a single, 1.0 credit, 6-week course.