This course extends the skills and concepts taught in Algebra I through the study of plane and solid figures. Topics include a review of real numbers, segment and angle measurement, angle relationships, logic, proofs, reasoning, parallel and perpendicular lines, right triangles, trigonometry, quadrilaterals, convex polygons, tessellations, circles, constructions, coordinate geometry, area, similarity, and volume.
This course aligns with the Virginia Standards of Learning for Geometry.
- Algebra I (required)
Course Texts and Materials
- None; all resources are provided within the course.
- Graphing Calculator (TI-82, TI-83, TI-83 Plus, TI-84 Plus, or TI-Nspire). Students will have access to a free online graphing calculator within the course, but a physical graphing calculator is allowed.
Starting 2021–2022: Offered in two half-credit semesters.
- 02072 Geometry Sem 1 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 1 (fall, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 1 (early fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 1 (early spring, 9 weeks)
- 02072 Geometry Sem 2 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 2 (spring, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 2 (late fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 2 (late spring, 9 weeks)
Note: For Summer Session 2021, this course is offered as a single, 1.0 credit, 6-week course.