Trigonometry focuses on the relationships of angles on a coordinate graph. Students will identify and use connections between right triangle ratios, trigonometric functions, and circular functions. This course will provide the needed material to finish preparing a student to continue in upper-level mathematics courses like Pre-Calculus and Calculus.
Note: Students planning on enrolling in an Algebra course past Algebra II may not need to enroll in this course, as the same content is often covered. Consult a local school counselor and check course descriptions at the local school before enrolling in this course.
This course aligns with the Virginia Standards of Learning for Trigonometry.
- Algebra I, Algebra II, and Geometry (required)
Course Texts and Materials
- None. All resources are included within the course.
- Algebra and Trigonometry, chapters 7–9 (free to view or download)
- Graphing Calculator (TI-83, TI-84, or TI-Nspire). Students will have access to a free online graphing calculator within the course, but a physical graphing calculator is allowed.
- 02103 Trigonometry (0.5 cr)
- Fall Semester (18 weeks)
- Spring Semester (18 weeks)
- Summer Session (6 weeks)