This course develops students’ understanding of algebraic and transcendental functions, parametric and polar equations, sequences, series, and vectors.
This course aligns with the Virginia Standards of Learning for Mathematical Analysis.
- Algebra I, Algebra II, and Geometry (required)
Course Texts and Materials
- Precalculus (free to view or download)
- Graphing Calculator (TI-83, TI-84, or TI-Nspire)
Starting 2021–2022: Offered in two half-credit semesters.
- 02104 Pre-Calculus/Mathematical Analysis Sem 1 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 1 (fall, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 1 (early fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 1 (early spring, 9 weeks)
- 02104 Pre-Calculus/Mathematical Analysis Sem 2 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 2 (spring, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 2 (late fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 2 (late spring, 9 weeks)
Note: For Summer Session 2021, this course is offered as a single, 1.0 credit, 6-week course.