In Oceanography, students will take a journey through the ocean realm. Oceanography applies the sciences of geology, biology, chemistry, and physics to Earth’s oceans. The course also examines engineering for the development of devices that allow scientists to explore underwater depths.
- Earth Science I (required)
Course Texts and Materials
- All resources are included within the course.
Starting 2021–2022: Offered in two half-credit semesters.
- 03005 Earth Science II: Oceanography Sem 1 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 1 (fall, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 1 (early fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 1 (early spring, 9 weeks)
- 03005 Earth Science II: Oceanography Sem 2 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 2 (spring, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 2 (late fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 2 (late spring, 9 weeks)
Note: For Summer Session 2021, this course is offered as a single, 1.0 credit, 6-week course.