The AP Biology course is designed to enable students to develop advanced inquiry and reasoning skills, such as designing a plan for collecting data, analyzing data, applying mathematical routines, and connecting concepts in and across domains. The result will be readiness for the study of advanced topics in subsequent college courses.
This course aligns with the College Board’s learning goals for AP Biology.
- Biology I and Chemistry I (required)
Course Texts and Materials
- Openstax Biology for AP Courses (free ebook)
- AP Biology Investigative Labs: An Inquiry-Based Approach Student Manual, Effective Fall 2019 (free PDF)
Starting 2021–2022: Offered in two half-credit semesters.
- 03056 AP Biology Sem 1 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 1 (fall, 18 weeks)
- 03056 AP Biology Sem 2 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 2 (spring, 18 weeks)