Physics I is an algebra-based introductory survey of the field of physics, which is the study of matter and energy and their behaviors and interactions. Topics include one- and two-dimensional kinematics, forces, energy, momentum, waves and sound, optics, electricity, and modern physics.
This course aligns with the Virginia Standards of Learning for Physics.
- Algebra II (required)
Course Texts and Materials
- All resources are provided within the course.
Starting 2021–2022: Offered in two half-credit semesters.
- 03151 Physics I Sem 1 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 1 (fall, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 1 (early fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 1 (early spring, 9 weeks)
- 03151 Physics I Sem 2 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 2 (spring, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 2 (late fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 2 (late spring, 9 weeks)
Note: For Summer Session 2021, this course is offered as a single, 1.0 credit, 6-week course.