Physical Science 8 emphasizes the nature and structure of matter and the characteristics of energy. Areas of study include the periodic table; physical and chemical changes; nuclear reactions; temperature and heat; sound; light; electricity and magnetism; and work, force, and motion. Research and experimentation and the manipulation of variables to validate conclusions will also be part of the class. Students will share their work through written and oral presentations.
This course aligns with the Virginia Standards of Learning for Physical Science.
- Life Science 7 (required)
Course Texts and Materials
- All resources are provided within the course.
Offered in two half-credit semesters:
- 03159 Physical Science 8 Sem 1 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 1 (fall, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 1 (early fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 1 (early spring, 9 weeks)
- Summer Session, Semester 1 (first 3 weeks)
- 03159 Physical Science 8 Sem 2 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 2 (spring, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 2 (late fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 2 (late spring, 9 weeks)
- Summer Session, Semester 2 (second 3 weeks)