Science for grade 6 continues to emphasize investigations. The concept of change is explored through the study of transformations of energy and matter. A more detailed understanding of solar systems and space exploration takes students on a collaborative quest for knowledge and understanding. Emphasis is placed on the development and use of an experimental design in scientific inquiry, the use of the language of science to communicate understanding, and the investigation of phenomena using technology.
This course aligns with the Virginia Standards of Learning for Science, Grade 6.
Course Texts and Materials
- All resources are provided within the course.
Starting 2021–2022: Offered in two half-credit semesters.
- 03236 Science 6 Sem 1 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 1 (fall, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 1 (early fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 1 (early spring, 9 weeks)
- 03236 Science 6 Sem 2 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 2 (spring, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 2 (late fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 2 (late spring, 9 weeks)
Note: For Summer Session 2021, this course is offered as a single, 1.0 credit, 6-week course.