In this course, students will focus on the study of the world’s peoples, places, and environments, with an emphasis on world regions. Using geographic resources, students will employ inquiry, research, and technology skills to ask and answer geographic questions. In particular, students will apply geographic concepts and skills to their daily lives.
This course aligns with the Virginia Standards of Learning for World Geography.
- Completion of a middle school-level civics class (recommended)
Course Texts and Materials
- All resources are provided within the course.
Starting 2021–2022: Offered in two half-credit semesters.
- 04001 World Geography Sem 1 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 1 (fall, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 1 (early fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 1 (early spring, 9 weeks)
- 04001 World Geography Sem 2 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 2 (spring, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 2 (late fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 2 (late spring, 9 weeks)
Note: For Summer Session 2021, this course is offered as a single, 1.0 credit, 6-week course.