AP Macroeconomics is a college-level course that focuses on how the whole economy behaves, including regional, national, and global markets. Much of what students will study in AP Macroeconomics is the theory of economics and the effects of economic decisions made in these markets.
Please note that this is a 0.5 credit course. Students generally combine this course with AP Macroeconomics to earn a full credit toward graduation. This course does not satisfy the Virginia graduation requirement that all students take an Economics and Personal Finance course.
This course aligns with the College Board’s learning goals for AP Macroeconomics.
- Economics and Personal Finance (recommended)
Course Texts and Materials
- Principles of Macroeconomics 2e for AP Courses (free ebook)
- Advanced Placement Economics: Macroeconomics: Student Edition (Fourth Edition)
Publisher: National Council on Economic Education
- 5 Steps to a 5: AP Macroeconomics, 2018 edition
Note: The 2015, 2016, and 2017 editions are also good. The most recent version is not essential for students to successfully review.
- 04204 AP Macroeconomics (0.5 cr)
- Spring Semester (18 weeks)