This course combines AP Microeconomics and AP Macroeconomics to give students a broad picture of economics in theory and practice.
AP Microeconomics is a fast-paced, college-level course that focuses on the decision making of individuals, households, firms, and the government. Students will study a variety of economic theories and analyze their practical applications in the real world. Course topics include the product market (including forces of supply and demand), factor/resource markets (including labor and capital), and competition/market structures.
AP Macroeconomics is a college-level course that focuses on how the whole economy behaves, including regional, national, and global markets. Much of what students will study in AP Macroeconomics is the theory of economics and the effects of economic decisions made in these markets.
- Economics and Personal Finance (recommended)
Course Texts and Materials
- Principles of Microeconomics 2e for AP Courses (free ebook)
- Principles of Macroeconomics 2e for AP Courses (free ebook)
- Advanced Placement Economics: Microeconomics: Student Edition (Fourth Edition)
Publisher: National Council on Economic Education
- 5 Steps to a 5: AP Microeconomics 2017
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education
- 5 Steps to a 5: AP Macroeconomics, 2018 edition
Note: The 2015, 2016, and 2017 editions are also good. The most recent version is not essential for students to successfully review.
- 04205 AP Economics Sem 1 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 1 (fall, 18 weeks)
- 04205 AP Economics Sem 2 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 2 (spring, 18 weeks)