Health and Physical Education 9 is designed to provide the student with the necessary skills and knowledge to create a healthy lifestyle for the individual, the family, and the community. Throughout the course, students will actively participate in and track their physical activity in combination with completing lessons and assignments. Students are required to complete 60 hours of physical activity and will be required to demonstrate Adult and Child CPR, use of an AED, and First Aid skills for bleeding, contusions, fractures, and anaphylactic shock.
Course Texts and Materials
- If a coach or fitness instructor is not available to verify physical activity, the student will need access to one of the following as proof of physical activity completion:
- Apple Watch
- Garmin Heart Rate Monitor
- A smartphone app like Strava or Pacer
Starting 2021–2022: Offered in two half-credit semesters.
- 08052 Health & PE 9 Sem 1 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 1 (fall, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 1 (early fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 1 (early spring, 9 weeks)
- 08052 Health & PE 9 Sem 2 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 2 (spring, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 2 (late fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 2 (late spring, 9 weeks)
Note: For Summer Session 2021, this course is offered as a single, 1.0 credit, 6-week course.