Health and Physical Education 10 is designed to provide the student with the necessary knowledge, processes, and skills to make healthy choices, prevent chronic disease, and avoid health-risk behaviors such as poor dietary patterns and living a sedentary lifestyle. Throughout the course, students will actively participate in and track their physical activity in combination with completing lessons and assignments. Students are required to complete 60 hours of physical activity.
Course Texts and Materials
- If a coach or fitness instructor is not available to verify physical activity, the student will need access to one of the following as proof of physical activity completion:
- Apple Watch
- Garmin Heart Rate Monitor
- A smartphone app like Strava or Pacer
Starting 2021–2022: Offered in two half-credit semesters.
- 08999 Health and PE 10 Sem 1 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 1 (fall, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 1 (early fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 1 (early spring, 9 weeks)
- 08999 Health and PE 10 Sem 2 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 2 (spring, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 2 (late fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 2 (late spring, 9 weeks)
Note: For Summer Session 2021, this course is offered as a single, 1.0 credit, 6-week course.