This course builds on the concepts of computer science developed in prior grade levels. Students will develop programming skills within the framework of computer science principles. Programmable computing tools will be used to facilitate design, analysis, and implementation of computer programs. Students will explore and create computer programs while expanding their logical reasoning and problem solving skills.
This course aligns with the Virginia Standards of Learning for the Middle School Computer Science Elective.
Course Texts and Materials
- All resources are provided within the course.
Offered in two half-credit semesters:
- 10012 Middle School Computer Science Sem 1 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 1 (fall, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 1 (early fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 1 (early spring, 9 weeks)
- Summer Session, Semester 1 (first 3 weeks)
- 10012 Middle School Computer Science Sem 2 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 2 (spring, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 2 (late fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 2 (late spring, 9 weeks)
- Summer Session, Semester 2 (second 3 weeks)