This course is designed to take students on a journey around the world to discover the cultures of a number of countries and four different languages: Chinese, French, Latin, and Spanish.
Designed for the middle school student, this course prepares beginner students to undertake the expectations of high school-level world language courses and provides them with a high school elective credit upon successful completion. Every seven weeks the students will “travel” to a new country with a different instructor.
- Current enrollment in grades 6–12
Course Texts and Materials
- All resources are included within the course.
Starting 2021–2022: Offered in two half-credit semesters.
- 24040 Survey of World Languages & Culture Sem 1 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 1 (fall, 18 weeks)
- 24040 Survey of World Languages & Culture Sem 2 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 2 (spring, 18 weeks)