Spanish II is designed to further students’ communication skills in Spanish and deepen their understanding of Spanish-speaking cultures throughout the world. Emphasis is given to the continued development of basic interpretive, interpersonal, and presentational language skills. Theme-based vocabulary offers students opportunities to learn words relevant to their daily lives at home, school, and beyond. Students will learn the present, preterit, and progressive tenses of verbs as well as nouns, pronouns, adjectives, verbs, adverbs, conjunctions, and prepositions.
This course aligns with the Virginia Standards of Learning for Spanish.
- Spanish I (required)
Course Texts and Materials
- None; all resources are provided within the course.
- A Spanish–English dictionary
Starting 2021–2022: Offered in two half-credit semesters.
- 24053 Spanish II Sem 1 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 1 (fall, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 1 (early fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 1 (early spring, 9 weeks)
- 24053 Spanish II Sem 2 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 2 (spring, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 2 (late fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 2 (late spring, 9 weeks)
Note: For Summer Session 2021, this course is offered as a single, 1.0 credit, 6-week course.