Spanish III is designed to increase students’ communication skills in Spanish and deepen their understanding of Spanish-speaking cultures throughout the world. Emphasis is given to the continued development of basic interpretive, interpersonal, and presentational language skills. Theme-based vocabulary further expands students’ ability to describe the world around them, including topics like cooking, travel, the home, sports, technology, professions, and fashion. Students will learn to express a variety of actions in the past, present, and future tenses.
This course aligns with the Virginia Standards of Learning for Spanish.
- Spanish I and Spanish II (required)
Course Texts and Materials
- None; all resources are provided within the course.
- A Spanish–English dictionary
Offered in two half-credit semesters:
- 24054 Spanish III Sem 1 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 1 (fall, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 1 (early fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 1 (early spring, 9 weeks)
- Summer Session, Semester 1 (first 3 weeks)
- 24054 Spanish III Sem 2 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 2 (spring, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 2 (late fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 2 (late spring, 9 weeks)
- Summer Session, Semester 2 (second 3 weeks)