Spanish IV is designed to refine students’ communication skills in Spanish and deepen their understanding of Spanish-speaking cultures throughout the world. Emphasis is given to the continued development of basic interpretive, interpersonal, and presentational language skills. This course begins by reviewing the major present, past, conditional, and future tenses, as well as the subjunctive mood. Students will explore the civilizations, cultures, and customs of Spanish-speaking people through cultural articles and literary selections from a variety of historical periods.
This course aligns with the Virginia Standards of Learning for Spanish.
- Spanish I, Spanish II, and Spanish III (required)
Course Texts and Materials
- None; all resources are provided within the course.
- A Spanish–English dictionary
Starting 2021–2022: Offered in two half-credit semesters.
- 24055 Spanish IV Sem 1 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 1 (fall, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 1 (early fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 1 (early spring, 9 weeks)
- 24055 Spanish IV Sem 2 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 2 (spring, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 2 (late fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 2 (late spring, 9 weeks)
Note: For Summer Session 2021, this course is offered as a single, 1.0 credit, 6-week course.