French I students will begin their study of French by developing the five major skills of listening, speaking, reading, writing, and cultural competency. Students will study the richness of culture in Francophone countries, comparing and contrasting the habits of the Francophone people to our own, while expanding their vocabulary, communication, and grammar skills.
This course aligns with the Virginia Standards of Learning for French.
- Current enrollment in grades 7–12 (required)
Course Texts and Materials
- All resources are included within the course.
Starting 2021–2022: Offered in two half-credit semesters.
- 24102 French I Sem 1 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 1 (fall, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 1 (early fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 1 (early spring, 9 weeks)
- 24102 French I Sem 2 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 2 (spring, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 2 (late fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 2 (late spring, 9 weeks)
Note: For Summer Session 2021, this course is offered as a single, 1.0 credit, 6-week course.