French III students continue to build on the skills from the two previous levels of their study of French by developing and refining the five major skills of listening, speaking, reading, writing, and cultural competency. Students will study the richness of culture in Francophone countries, comparing and contrasting the habits of the Francophone people to our own, while expanding their vocabulary, communication, and grammar skills. Students are expected to speak and write in French as much as possible, and assessments will be in French.
This course aligns with the Virginia Standards of Learning for French.
- French I and French II (required)
Course Texts and Materials
- All resources are provided within the course.
Offered in two half-credit semesters:
- 24104 French III Sem 1 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 1 (fall, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 1 (early fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 1 (early spring, 9 weeks)
- Summer Session, Semester 1 (first 3 weeks)
- 24104 French III Sem 2 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 2 (spring, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 2 (late fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 2 (late spring, 9 weeks)
- Summer Session, Semester 2 (second 3 weeks)