French IV students continue to build on the skills from the first three levels of their study of French by developing and refining the five major skills of listening, speaking, reading, writing, and cultural competency. Students will study the richness of French history, art, and culture while expanding students’ vocabulary, communication, and grammar skills. Students are expected to speak and write French as much as possible, and all assessments will be in French.
This course aligns with the Virginia Standards of Learning for French.
- French I, French II, and French III (required)
Course Texts and Materials
- Trésors du temps, Student Edition [Niveau Avancé]
Starting 2021–2022: Offered in two half-credit semesters.
- 24105 French IV Sem 1 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 1 (fall, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 1 (early fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 1 (early spring, 9 weeks)
- 24105 French IV Sem 2 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 2 (spring, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 2 (late fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 2 (late spring, 9 weeks)
Note: For Summer Session 2021, this course is offered as a single, 1.0 credit, 6-week course.