This course is a continuation of studies begun in Latin I. Students will review and build on skills such as vocabulary, grammar, translation, and culture. Continued emphasis on grammar, vocabulary, and grammatical constructions build on Latin I knowledge. One of the goals in Latin II is true rendering of Latin passages into English that relays the sense of the Latin.
- Latin I (required, with a course grade of C or higher recommended)
Course Texts and Materials
- None; all resources are provided within the course.
- The Bantam New College Latin & English Dictionary (English and Latin Edition)
Starting 2021–2022: Offered in two half-credit semesters.
- 24343 Latin II Sem 1 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 1 (fall, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 1 (early fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 1 (early spring, 9 weeks)
- 24343 Latin II Sem 2 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 2 (spring, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 2 (late fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 2 (late spring, 9 weeks)
Note: For Summer Session 2021, this course is offered as a single, 1.0 credit, 6-week course.