Latin III builds upon the grammar, vocabulary, and English derivatives learned in Latin I and II and introduces Latin prose and poetry through readings by Caesar, Cicero, Ovid, Catullus, and Vergil.
This course aligns with the Virginia Standards of Learning for Latin.
- Latin I and Latin II (required, with course grades of C or higher in each course recommended)
Course Texts and Materials
- None; all resources are provided within the course.
- The Bantam New College Latin & English Dictionary (English and Latin Edition)
Starting 2021–2022: Offered in two half-credit semesters.
- 24344 Latin III Sem 1 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 1 (fall, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 1 (early fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 1 (early spring, 9 weeks)
- 24344 Latin III Sem 2 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 2 (spring, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 2 (late fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 2 (late spring, 9 weeks)
Note: For Summer Session 2021, this course is offered as a single, 1.0 credit, 6-week course.