In the Chinese II course, students continue to develop their ability to communicate about themselves and their immediate environment using simple sentences containing basic language structures. Students will refine the four language skills in Mandarin Chinese—listening, speaking, reading and writing—with an emphasis on the ability to communicate orally and in writing.
This course aligns with the Virginia Standards of Learning for Modern Non-Roman Alphabet Languages.
- Chinese I (required)
Course Texts and Materials
- Learn Chinese With Me 2: Student’s Book (with 2 CDs)
Publisher: People’s Education Press
Starting 2021–2022: Offered in two half-credit semesters.
- 24403 Chinese II Sem 1 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 1 (fall, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 1 (early fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 1 (early spring, 9 weeks)
- 24403 Chinese II Sem 2 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 2 (spring, 18 weeks)
- Fall Block, Semester 2 (late fall, 9 weeks)
- Spring Block, Semester 2 (late spring, 9 weeks)
Note: For Summer Session 2021, this course is offered as a single, 1.0 credit, 6-week course.