The Arabic II course builds on the basic topics covered in Arabic I, and students should have a good foundation in the Arabic language. This course consists of oral and written practice, as well as topics in vocabulary, grammar, and culture. While speaking and listening skills continue to be emphasized, students also will improve their reading and writing skills. Students will begin to communicate more fluently in Arabic.
This course aligns with the Virginia Standards of Learning for Modern Non-Roman Alphabet Languages.
- Arabic I (required)
Course Texts and Materials
- All resources are provided within the course.
Starting 2021–2022: Offered in two half-credit semesters.
- 24753 Arabic II Sem 1 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 1 (fall, 18 weeks)
- 24753 Arabic II Sem 2 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 2 (spring, 18 weeks)
Note: For Summer Session 2021, this course is offered as a single, 1.0 credit, 6-week course.