The Arabic III course builds on the topics covered in previous courses to deepen students’ knowledge of the Arabic language and cultures. Students will expand their learning of different geographical areas, grammar, vocabulary, writing, and comprehension. Students will learn more about Arabic cultures and the impact of Arabs and Muslims in human civilization.
This course aligns with the Virginia Standards of Learning for Modern Non-Roman Alphabet Languages.
- Arabic II (required, with a recommended course grade of C or higher)
Course Texts and Materials
- All resources are provided within the course.
Starting 2021–2022: Offered in two half-credit semesters.
- 24754 Arabic III Sem 1 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 1 (fall, 18 weeks)
- Summer Session, Semester 1 (first 3 weeks)
- 24754 Arabic III Sem 2 (0.5 cr)
- Full Year, Semester 2 (spring, 18 weeks)
- Summer Session, Semester 2 (second 3 weeks)