Virtual Virginia now provides three new pathways for K–5 learners across the Commonwealth:
Each learner enrolled in one of the programs above will remain affiliated with the enrolling division’s Average Daily Membership (ADM).
For more information about participating in one or more of these programs, contact the Virtual Virginia Main Office at email@example.com or 866-650-0025.
K–5 Pilot Program
In this full-time program, Virtual Virginia teachers deliver synchronous and asynchronous instruction to public school students enrolled in grades K–5.
Schools/Divisions retain autonomy to administer PE/Health and any applicable special course offerings and local/state assessments.
The first 24 statewide public school enrollments in each grade level will be served at no cost to the enrolling divisions. After the first 24 statewide public school enrollments in each grade level have been registered, each Virginia public school that chooses to participate in the K–5 Pilot Program will also receive a per-student enrollment fee discount—based on the school division’s 2020–2022 LCI—off the Band III base enrollment fee, as referenced in the 2020–2021 K-5 Pilot Enrollment Fee Schedule below:
2020–2022 Local Composite Index (LCI)
* Virginia private school, homeschooled, out-of-state, and international enrollments.
**Enrollment fees prorated for remainder of 2020–2021 school years.
Refund Period: If a student withdraws within five calendar days of the K–5 Pilot Program launch date, the enrollment fee will be refunded to the enrolling school.
3–5 Asynchronous Pilot Program
Virtual Virginia provides asynchronous instructional support to public school students in grades 3–5. Content can be accessed online or offline.
Students may participate in one of two options:
- Cohort A
- VVA provides asynchronous content for credit with paced delivery.
- This cohort is designed for independent learners in grades 3–5.
- Max 75 per grade level.
- Enrollment deadline: Friday, January 15
- Cohort B
- VVA provides asynchronous enrichment content as a supplement to public school division offerings. This is not meant to reteach content but rather to reinforce and enrich grade-level curricula.
- Max 25 per grade level.
- Enrollment deadline: Friday, January 29
Virtual Virginia provides:
- Full-Time Teacher of Record (Cohort A only)
- Some Synchronous/QA Sessions (Cohort A only)
- Asynchronous Course Content
- Teacher-Created Content
- Office Hours for Parents/Guardians
- Division Autonomy
The 3–5 Asynchronous Pilot Program is offered at no cost to pilot schools and divisions. No enrollment fees apply.
3–5 Asynchronous Content Release
Virtual Virginia provides asynchronous enrichment content for grades 3–5 via the VVA Outreach Program, at no cost to Virginia public school divisions.