Virtual Virginia offering summer professional learning courses to Virginia public educators
Virtual Virginia will offer six professional learning “mini-courses” this summer at no cost to Virginia public school educators.
The self-paced, asynchronous mini-courses cover a variety of topics, including blended education, project-based learning, the Canvas LMS, and student engagement.
Sporting a summer camp theme for educators, the six mini-courses are self-paced and delivered asynchronously via the VVA Canvas learning management system (LMS). The first three mini-courses are available now:
- Diving In: Project-Based Learning
- Planting the Seeds: Cultivating Your Blended Learning Knowledge
- Scaling the Mountain: Intermediate-Level Canvas LMS Training
The remaining three mini-courses will be released later this summer:
- Hitting the Mark: Targeting Student Engagement
- Now We’re Cooking: Canvas + Google
- The Trail Guide: Leading the Way via Hybrid/Concurrent Learning Strategies
Participants will receive a certificate worth five hours of professional learning for each mini-course they successfully complete.
Educators may self-enroll and immediately begin all available mini-courses now via the VVA Professional Learning Program website. Enrollment in the six mini-courses will remain available through Tuesday, August 31.
For questions about VVA’s professional learning opportunities, please contact Professional Learning Coordinator Steven Sproles at email@example.com.