The Virtual Virginia Outreach Program is designed to assist Virginia public school teachers and students by providing access to online learning modules via the Virtual Virginia learning management system at no cost.
The Virtual Virginia Outreach Program Toolkit (PDF) was developed to assist staff in Virginia public school divisions as they onboard with Virtual Virginia.
When will each Outreach Program course resource be available to schools? Refer to the 2020–2021 Outreach Program Course Readiness Calendar (PDF) for the expected availability of online learning modules for each course.
Outreach Program Expansion
The Virtual Virginia Outreach Program is expanding to provide all Virginia public school divisions with a platform that gives students and teachers online access to instructional content at no cost to each division.
Each school division that chooses to utilize Virtual Virginia’s Outreach Program Expansion will be able to integrate its local school division student information system (SIS) with the Virtual Virginia learning management system (LMS). This integration will give each division access to its own instance of the VVA LMS and allow for division customization. Each division also will gain access to Virtual Virginia’s K–12 online learning modules and instructional resources. Divisions will have the autonomy to use and edit VVA content, import division digital learning resources, and create/distribute division content within the LMS.
Learn more about the Outreach Program Expansion.
K–8 Online Learning Modules
Virtual Virginia now offers online learning modules for K–8 teachers and students, available via the Virtual Virginia LMS for teachers to use with their students through the end of the 2019–2020 academic year.
The following K–8 learning modules will be available:
- Kindergarten and Grades 1–5*
- STEM, Grades K–8**
- English/Language Arts 6, 7, and 8
- Math 6, 7 and 8
- Science 6, 7, and 8
- U.S. History to 1865
- U.S. History: 1865 to Present
- Civics & Economics
* Each grade-level resource will include learning modules covering English/Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies.
** The three STEM resources are divided into the following grade-level bands: Grades K–2, Grades 3–5, and Grades 6–8.
High School Online Learning Modules
Online resources are currently available in the following high school content areas:
Health & PE
History & Social Sciences
Support for Teachers
The following resources are available to Virginia public school teachers:
- Online learning modules for use with their students via the Virtual Virginia learning management system (LMS), including:
- Lessons, interactives, and automated quizzes
- Worksheets and answer keys
- Online gradebook
- LMS utilization training
- LMS and HelpDesk support
- Teacher facilitation support and best practices for online learning
- Professional learning network of content-area Virginia public educators
- Ability to customize the content
Available to students enrolled in the program:
- Learning modules in the Virtual Virginia LMS
- LMS and HelpDesk support
- Mobile-friendly course access