What is Desire2Learn (D2L)?
Desire2Learn (D2L) is a web-based course management system designed to create a rich online learning environment for students. D2L includes features such as an electronic dropbox, automated grade book, discussion boards, and quizzes.
What are the minimum software and hardware requirements to take a course with Virtual Virginia?
Please click here to view the minimum software and hardware requirements.
How do I get a username and password?
Students must contact the local school counselor to receive their username and password to begin. If you have trouble with it please contact the technology help desk, 866-650-0027.
How do I log in to D2L?
- Open an Internet browser (Firefox or Safari; note: Internet Explorer and Chrome are NOT supported by Virtual Virginia)
- Go to login page.
- Enter username and password in the login area.
How do I see my courses in D2L?
- Once you successfully accessed the D2L MyHome page by logging in with your username and password, look for the box labeled Select a course at the top of the screen.
- Click on the down arrow (▿) beside the Select a course box, and then
- Click on your course name.
- You should now be at your D2L Course Home page.
Once inside my D2L course, how do I access the course materials?
Use the navigational tool bar along the top of your course homepage. The links located on this tool bar allows you to access materials within your course. Some tools that your instructor may be using include:
- News which will be visible on your course home page. Please check this area for important course announcements.
- Content which may include your course syllabus, reading material, or homework instructions.
- Grades where you can see your grades on assignments throughout the semester.
- Dropbox where you can submit electronic copies of your homework to your instructor.
- Quizzes where you can complete course quizzes.
Some helpful Tips for using D2L:
- The browser ‘Back’ button does not work well in the D2L environment. Get in the habit of using the links located on the navigational tool bar to move around inside your course.
- When exiting your D2L course(s), be sure to click on then the Log Out link under your name at the top right hand corner AND close the browser window.
This is especially important if you are using a computer in a public lab.